SQUAMISH MEN’S AMATEUR
Many of you are likely aware that the Provincial Government recently added Golf Tournaments to the list of restricted group sports ( group being defined as being participated in by more than one person). As we are all well aware, golf is a sport than can be played with appropriate distancing and to date there is very little information re Covid-19 transmission at golf courses. However this recent move by the Government is most likely a response to try to limit and prevent the encouragement of unnecessary, non-essential travel. That being the case, it is understandable.
COVID-19 has ironically created a boom in the golf industry and as participants in this sport we are all truly fortunate that we are still able to go out and golf. So many other sports have been suspended or limited during this time and ours has actually grown. So while this news re tournaments is frustrating, as golfers we still have a lot to be thankful for.
For the time being, we are not yet cancelling this year’s tournament and we will still be accepting registrations. Perhaps we are being overly optimistic that a change re the hosting of golf tournaments will be forthcoming but we will not make a decision re the future of this years event until the 20th May. If it is required that we cancel the event, then all registrants will receive a full refund of the tournament entry fee.
THE 50th ANNIVERSARY OF THE SQUAMISH MEN’S AMATEUR
June 19 & 20 2021
SVGC is pleased to announce that we will be hosting the Men’s Amateur event in June this year. This year’s 50th Anniversary Tournament will focus on competitive golf. Full details re the logistics of the event will be provided to all competitors in the week prior to the event (necessary due to the continuously changing circumstances and Provincial Health Orders) but competitors should expect the following;
- $180 plus tax ( 2 x 18Holes, registration gift, $12,600 in prizing based on 150 competitors)
- Registration on both days with players able to access the facilities 60 minutes prior to their scheduled tee time.
- Full redraw for Day 2 (no tee time requests)
- Restaurant is available for after-tournament drinks or meals. Food & Drink is not included which is reflected in the entry fee. . PHO Orders of the time will apply and it is safe to assume that this will include a max. of 6 per table with no movement of guests between tables.
- Online registration and payment only.
June 14 – 18 Practice Round Period 1 Round – $45. Must be booked online and can be booked 1 week in advance.
June 19 – Round 1 (Tee times 7am to 1:30pm based on a field of 180)
June 20 – Round 2 (Tee times 7am to 1:30pm based on a field of 180)